What is your company's contribution to the MDGs?
Join this initiative to estimate your company's positive impact on the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). Created by Business in Development and Sustainalytics, the MDG Scan estimates the number of people in developing countries benefitted by your company's activities. This free-of-charge scan uses key company data to provide insight into your company's MDG footprint and will help monitor and improve this impact over time. Obtain your first results within just 10 minutes - Register now!
Worldwide results for the MDG Scan
Total number of beneficiaries
Goal 1 "Eradictate extreme poverty and hunger"
- Reduce by half the proportion of people living on less than a dollar a day
- Achieve full and productive employment and decent work for all, including women and young people
- Reduce by half the proportion of people who suffer from hunger
Goal 2 "Achieve universal primary education"
- Ensure that all boys and girls complete a full course of primary schooling
Goal 3 "Promote gender equality and empower women"
- Eliminate gender disparity in primary and secondary education preferably by 2005, and at all levels by 2015
Goal 4 "Reduce child mortality"
- Reduce by two thirds the mortality rate among children under five
Goal 5 "Improve maternal health"
- Reduce by three quarters the maternal mortality ratio Achieve, by 2015, universal access to reproductive health
Goal 6 "Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases"
- Halt and begin to reverse the spread of HIV/AIDS
- Achieve, by 2010, universal access to treatment for HIV/AIDS for all those who need it
- Halt and begin to reverse the incidence of malaria and other major diseases
Goal 7 "Ensure environmental sustainability"
- Integrate the principles of sustainable development into country policies and programmes; reverse loss of environmental resources
- Reduce biodiversity loss, achieving, by 2010, a significant reduction in the rate of loss
- Reduce by half the proportion of people without sustainable access to safe drinking water and basic sanitation
- Achieve significant improvement in lives of at least 100 million slum dwellers, by 2020
Goal 8 "Develop a Global Partnership for Development"
- Develop further an open trading and financial system that is rule-based, predictable and non-discriminatory, includes a commitment to good governance, development and poverty reduction� nationally and internationally
- Address the least developed countries` special needs. This includes tariff- and quota-free access for their exports; enhanced debt relief for heavily indebted poor countries; cancellation of official bilateral debt; and more generous official development assistance for countries committed to poverty reduction
- Address the special needs of landlocked and small island developing States